Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'll Do Anything For Fun, But I Won't Play Miniatures Games

This post is going to be rather short, but I believe it deserves it's own spot on my blog because it explains a lot about me.

About 10 years ago, when I was still on an allowance from my parents for doing chores, I spent about 6 months allowance on a starter set for Warhammer 40k.  My cousin also bought one.  An entire day later, after spending countless hours gluing space marines together I was fed up.  I'd spent about $140 on these models that didn't even look all that pretty, because let's face it: That armor isn't that detailed.  In fact, the leave it up to you to put the details on!  I hadn't even STARTED painting my models (which by the way is a requirement in that game) and I had already decided this game was not for me.  6 hours of gluing and not even a single game played, I decided to give my $140 worth of models to my cousin and get out while I still could.

A few years later, I was introduced to Magic The Gathering.  A year later, I started playing Dungeons and Dragons.  I've been an adamant fan of table top RPGs and Card games since.

This will all make sense in a later post, I promise.  But for now, suffice to say, for about 12 years or so, I hated miniatures games with a passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment