Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My First Order of Business

Surprisingly, my first new blog post is not about any of the things I said it might be about.  In light of that, I'm adding random rants to the list of things that will appear here.

Anyways, let's get started.

Work in the IT field never seems to stop.  On my way home from work yesterday I stopped off at Shop Rite to return "Hot Tub Time Machine," which I had rented from the Redbox.  I arrived to discover a woman trying to jam her movie into the vending/returns slot.  Thanks to the detection sensors that the wonderful movie making machine the redbox is, the screen simply displayed the words, "To return a movie please return to the main menu and select return," I sensed that the AI also desired to add, "Stop trying to jam it down my throat!" But that would be against its programming of course.

Seeing me holding my movie she asked, "Do you know how to get this thing to return movies?" As if her grammar wasn't bad enough, I sighed, walked in front of her, pressed, "return" and put her disc into the slot.  The machine accepted it without issue.  She the proceeded to try and jam a second one down it's throat.  Poor Redbox.  I had to once again step in and return her movie for her.

Some of you may be happy to know that I managed to refrain from asking her if she'd tried turning it off and on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment